What is Cloud Sim?
- Cloud Sim apps provide additional mobile phone numbers you can use for free and low cost calls and messaging without the need for an extra SIM card.
- You need a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection in order to use Cloud Sim.
- Cloud Sim to Cloud Sim online calls and messages are free and unlimited. Users you can call and message for free are clearly highlighted in your app ‘Contacts’.
Why would I use Cloud Sim?
You can save on local and international calls and get additional phone numbers on your existing phone, allowing you to keep your personal number private and use your Cloud Sim numbers for work, online dating, classified ads or a host of other reasons.
- Simple to use mobile app
- Keep your personal number private
- Free online calls & chat
- Make low cost calls & SMS
- Receive calls & SMS
- Customise each Cloud Sim profile
- Personalise each voicemail
- Easily see who is calling
- Decide when you are available
Do I need internet to use Cloud Sim?
Yes. Cloud Sim requires a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to validate user details, and also to make and receive calls and send and receive SMS and chat messages.
Can I make calls without internet access?
No. All calls are reliant on the internet (Local Access and Callback use only a small data packet to set your calling number). We also require internet to validate your user details. Incoming calls and messages to your Cloud Sim numbers are routed over the internet.
Can I receive calls with Cloud Sim?
Yes. You can receive calls on your Cloud Sim numbers on any device. All inbound calls are routed from the caller over the internet to the Cloud Sim app, so you must have internet access to receive calls. You can set up voicemail for when you are not online or unavailable.
I cannot receive any calls or chat messages
You may need to turn on notifications.
- On an iOS device select your phone Settings > Cloud Sim >Notifications > Allow Notifications.
- Android devices vary but you may select your phone Settings > Sound & notifications > App Notifications > Cloud Sim > Toggle Block to ‘off’.
How much does it cost?
The app is free and you can call and message other Cloud Sim users for free. You can view call rates to non-Cloud Sim app users and Cloud Sim number costs in the app.
Are there connection fees?
There are no connection fees or any other hidden costs. Calls are charged in 60 second blocks.
How secure is my communication?
App-to-app calls are fully encrypted thereby safeguarding your personal information.
How can I call for free?
Invite your friends and you can call them for free from your SIM number. When your contact joins you will receive a notification and they will have a ‘free’ icon in your Contacts list. You can call and message any contact that displays the ‘free’ icon for free.